Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Glass Doctor - Dave Kozlowski


Studies show that 75% of the population has a strong desire to be self-sufficient, but only a small number actually make the transition from employee to entrepreneur. It's not easy to shift from the security of a paycheck to generating your own income. Sometimes it takes an event  like a company reorganization, being passed over for a promotion or the "pain" of constant relocations for the motivation to take the steps to entrepreneurship.

This is the first of series of stories about individuals like you and I that took the steps to be a self-sufficient entrepreneur.  Our story this month is about a successful company executive whose "pain" of frequent relocations led him to a business that helps individuals fix their "panes".

Join me in welcoming Dave to the world of entrepreneurship. Congratulations Dave!

E-story sub header       
Kozlowksi



Dave Kozlowski

Dave worked for a private label sales and marketing company for 15 years, building and training the branch offices. About every 3 years he would get transferred and have to uproot his family to another city; new home, new friends, new everything.  His family was getting tired of the vagabond life and wanted to put down permanent roots. His wife was from a small town in Montana and he was a big city Detriot boy.  His family enjoyed Miwaukee and it seemed like the perfect compromise.

When Dave and I met, the next transfer was being discussed at work. He considered business ownership as a possible solution to remain in Milwaukee , but had no idea of what type of business would be the best fit for him.  
Dave was a perfect candidate for our Discovery Process. He kept an open mind and together we validated a variety of business models. Dave's diligence to details and following our process was an indication that he'd make an excellent franchisee. Dave's exploration let him to an existing Glass Doctor franchise.  After months of negociations, Dave's future was sealed and he is a proud business owner.

It's now 7 months later and the business has grown with several new major accounts and he is adding new product lines. Later this year he will be adding on a showroom to expand his business with a retail focus.  There's new excitement with his employees and his wife has joined him in the business.
In Dave's own words " It has been a long time dream for my wife and I to work side by side. Now we have that and don't need to worry about the next transfer. My close friends have asked me if I was enjoying my new business and happy with my decision. My response was one word, absolutely! Owning a business can be really scary. I remember having second thoughts about the purchase and Marty was there listening and helping me through all the unknowns.  I wake up each day now with a level of excitement and enthusiasm I never had before. I truly enjoy and appreciate the challenges and rewards of being a business owner.  It has made me a stronger person."

If you live in the greater Milwaukee area, and need a windshield replaced, broken window or storm fixed, new construction glass or want to preview his new lines of vinyl window, siding and entry doors, stop in and see Dave or give him a call at 262-821-9682. At Glass Doctor, they'll fix your "panes". Dave's store is located at  2275 S. 162nd Street, New Berlin, WI.  
Dave is a perfect example that dreams do come true. I hope that Dave's story is an inspiration for you and that you'll take the first step to go after your dream.

No comments:

Post a Comment